Todays blog is written by Chris Easter, TheManRegistry.com
Gifts. It’s a word that you’ll be sick of by the end of your months of wedding planning — and perhaps rightfully so.
When it comes to weddings, it seems that everyone gets a gift. On a positive front, you and your bride-to-be will surely be registering for and receiving a plethora of household items from your friends and family. After the registering process, however; it’s your turn to start shelling out. Your guests receive wedding favors. Your wedding party receives groomsmen and bridesmaids gifts. Your parents, officiant and other wedding day helpers should also receive a thank you gift. While all of these gifts may seem out of control, there’s one more very important gift you can’t forget about: something for your bride.
It’s tradition for the bride and groom to exchange gifts on the wedding day. Some couples may choose not to do so, but I think it’s an important custom to consider. It’s understandable that finances will be tight around the big day, so here are a few gift suggestions that won’t break the bank.
1. Jewelry – instead of something that costs up two months of your salary, consider a nice, yet less expensive bracelet or pair of earrings that matches her engagement ring or wedding day style.
2. Photos – A favorite photo can be a very sentimental gift. One idea is to frame a photo of the two of you from your first date or the day you got engaged.
3. Handwritten Note – This idea won’t cost you anything. Write a note to your bride that reminds her of all the reasons you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Have it delivered by a friend or family member so it’s the first thing she sees on the morning of the wedding.
4. Custom Vows –In lieu of gifts, many couples will opt to write personalized vows. Words can sometimes go a lot further than a tangible item.
5. Perfume – Do you know what her favorite brand of perfume is? If so, it can make for a great gift that she can use on the honeymoon.
Will you be exchanging wedding day gifts with your bride? What do you like most/least about this tradition? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
–The Man Registry is the leading voice for grooms on the Web. The popular website offers gift ideas, content and local vendor guides for the soon-to-be-married man. You can find them on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.